Friday, February 11, 2011

Friday...I think...

OK...so I ended up doubling the filling on the cinnamon rolls and boy were they yummy!  Would like to find a different glaze recipe (currently using powdered sugar with a little milk...texture isn't quite right).  Tried my hand at french bread...forgot the salt...seemed like such a small amount, I thought it would be OK...a little salt goes a long way, apparently...hummm...I think there's scripture to that effect...in Matthew perhaps?  Seth joined us for lunch after spending the morning helping Luke with firewood.  Red beans and rice...and saltless bread...noone complained...and Shingo pear for desert!
  Got a BIG BOX from Alli...spoiling us again...UGGs for Norine and Silas, a fur-like throw, and a fleece each for me and Luke.  No, it's not a special occasion...it's Alli...like I said before...spoiling us again.  Silas immediately changed clothes and is convinced that he is now a viking, like Hiccup on How to Train Your Dragon.   So, I ordered How to Train Your Dragon party supplies for his 6th (coming soon!)
  Silas is spending the night at a friend's house...first time ever!  So, Granny is having Norine over for the night.  Abigail is stuck at home with us...but a 9 month old will not be offended.  What a quiet house at the moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment