Thursday, November 17, 2011
Birthday Book
Ok...It may sound a bit silly, but one of my favorite gifts I have ever received is my Birthday Book. My sister-in-law, Bess made it...and because everything Bess makes is beautiful, it is beautiful...hand made, black and white photos of family, great quotes for each month of the year. And, since she's Luke's sister, all his family's info was already in it...I call that half done, and a great project for me! I can't recall exactly when I got it...I know it was for Christmas, and based on who was already in it, and who was not, I think it was probably 2002 or 2003. The best thing about it is that, although it is truly beautiful, it is in no way "polished" which means I am not intimidated to write in my side of the family's birthdays, or add black and white photos of whomever I want whenever I want. Also, today in particular, it provides just the right means of procrastination to avoid homework while doing something really important...like adding pictures of Abigail to the Birthday Book (how have I waited 18months to do this???). Of course, if I was a good relative, I would actually use it for what it was designed for...realizing when it was your birthday and acknowledging it in some way. Sadly, this is not one of my strong points...though I really do want to work on it. Also, I am constantly torn...do I include friends' birthdays, too, or just blood kin? Let's be serious here...some friends are more family than blood kin anyway. And as the holidays roll in (what with Thanksgiving being next week and all)...that point becomes more and more painfully obvious.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment