Tuesday, March 1, 2011
Norine
I am continually amazed at Norine. She is a truly phenomenal girl; talented, fun, beautiful, smart, artistic, musical, compassionate, generous, athletic...can you tell she's my first born? Not to mention, and most importantly, she walks with the Lord more intimately than most adult Christians I know. I wish I could keep her in a bubble. I wish I could magically help her hear when she gets congested. I wish I could keep her from having her feelings hurt. I wish I could smack insensitive peers who are supposed to be her friends who pair up and leave her out. I am floored to hear her not be mad at them. I am astounded to hear her wish she was not so "overly sensitive" when her friends hurt her feelings "without meaning to." I wish I could erase it for her...that it would just get lost under all the fun and encouraging things that have happened in the last few days. But, I can't. I can remember being 8, however, and being ignored by friends, and how there's no way around the fact that it just plain hurts like hell.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment