Tuesday, March 8, 2011

The New Kid Club

Since I actually had a Saturday Day off...which rarely happens...and we did not have plans...the two NEVER seem to intersect...Of course there was some furniture rearranging to do! So, the new dresser (thanks, Uncle Randy!) was perfect for a changing table/somewhere to put all of Abigail's clothes (bye, bye baskets on the beds!) except there was nowhere in her room that it would fit without disassembling at least one double bed that I would rather not store since mattresses seldom come out as nice as they went in. Also, as you know, there are only two bathrooms in our entire house...so, as much as everyone would probably prefer their own room with adjoining bath, and a half bath for guests...that ain't gonna happen in this lifetime. "Light buuulb!" (movie, please?) Norine and Silas's room (formerly known as the "new room") is now a common dressing room/hang out room since it now houses all 3 kids' clothes, shoes, and has lots of mirrors (on dressers) that are great for dancing around, making faces in, etc. Norine and Silas now each have their own double bed in the room formerly known as Abigail's nursery...and Abigail thinks she's having a perpetual sleep over. And noone has to go through someone else's bedroom to get to the bathroom.
So, Saturday night was the maiden voyage of the new arrangement. All went well...once everyone settled down. Sunday morning, Luke and I got to sleep a little later than usual since Norine tended to Abigail when she started to stir. In Norine's words, "I probably shouldn't have done it, since we tried to be quiet, then Silas and I got stuck with 'this thing' (refering to Abigail) for about an hour." Well...I think it's working out nicely :P

No comments:

Post a Comment