Not surprisingly, the kids really look forward to Halloween. Something about the dressing up and getting candy for doing nothing more than saying "Trick or Treat"...or as the discussion between Silas and Biggi went something like this...
Silas: "Biggi, say 'Tricker Treat'"
Biggi: "Chicken Treat"
Silas: "NO...not 'chicken'...'tricker'"
Biggi: "Chicken Treat"
Silas: "Tricker...TRICK-ER"
Biggi: "Chicken...CHICK-EN"
Me: "Silas, how many words are in 'trick-or-treat'?"
Silas: "hum...'tricker treat'...two."
Seeing as how this was steadily spiraling out of control, we moved on. Norine decided to be a gypsy...she did her entire costume herself complete with lots of scarves, makeup, jewelry.... Silas was Anaken Skywalker...again. Biggi decided to be Tinkerbell. Since I was getting her costume together while she was napping, I decided to ask her what Tinkerbell looked like (I have learned that this is a most important question...since sometimes what I think something looks like is not what they had in mind). Sure enough..."you know...Tinkerbell...she's green with wings and golf balls on her shoes!" OK...glad I asked...would not have thought about the golf balls. I got off easy, though...she was also convinced that part of being Tinkerbell was having Luke make her "fly" everywhere she went...that lasted....well, you can guess. But, she did use the bag that looks remarkably like a chicken to hold all her loot!
No comments:
Post a Comment